Wednesday 5 October 2011

A to Z of Christianity : 'B'

When I was 17, God began to call me to Him. Before this point in my life I had never truly experienced the reality of a personal relationship with God before but I knew it was Him, and I knew I had to seek out the answers I needed from Him. I turned to a book, and that book changed my life. Every question I threw at God, I just happened to turn to the right page with the answer every time I looked. This book is well over a thousand pages big!! I was amazed and it was a part of my decision to become a follower of Jesus, the best decision I have ever made.

In case you are wondering what book I am talking about, I am talking about THE BIBLE!

A collection of 66 books, written by 40 different authors. It is amazing for correctly predicting a lot of things, most notably the coming of Jesus and the things that happened in His life. It also stated medical (water and blood in a body), scientific (the world had a beginning) and cosmic (the world is round) facts well before they officially became known!

Timothy describes the Bible in 2 Timothy 3:16 as 'God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness'

Hebrews 4:12 states 'For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.'


Romans 10:17 says 'Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.'


If we need motivate to pick up your Bible, there it is...it changes life's, it is the truth, it is breathed by God, useful to us, living, convicting and inspires more faith in us!


Pick up your Bible today :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike,

    Great post, I love the a-z idea! Because it's Bible related I thought you might be interested to hear some lectures that were recorded at a church here in Bristol. They were put on by the college I'm working at, the speakers are all lecturers. There are two up on the website (in two parts) the first is 'The Bible and the Kingdom of God' and the second is 'The Bible and Sex'. If you like them then you might want to bookmark the page as 'The Bible and Violence' is coming up.

    They are posted up here: http://www.christchurchclifton.org.uk/content/recentsermons

    Would love to hear what you think.
    Hope you're well.
    Love
    Laura
    xx

    ReplyDelete