Monday 2 January 2012

Florida Day Seven & Eight

As I am leaving tomorrow this will be my last post. I am so very sad to leave as I have been made to feel very welcome and very much at home here. I draw comfort from feeling it won't be the last time here and knowing that God has the future in His Hands for I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future!

Last night we had supper with Caitlin's parents and her Grandad and I got to try many new things such as hash brown casserole (great idea!), black eyed peas (yes, it's a food!!!) and collard greens! It was lovely! We then watched 'Soul Surfer' a film about a real life story of how God's promises about having our future secure and that all things will work for good are true and reliable promises! It was great :)

Today has been mainly about visiting people Caitlin needed to see before she went home, as she leaves Florida the day after me (albeit stopping by in North Carolina for a few days first). We saw some very sweet people! One house we went too was a big farm like house, very pretty. It was in the middle of nowhere and it felt very relaxing to be there. They were a lovely family, the father and son had built this big truck with seats on and we went for a ride through the forest there. This was a lot of fun!

Before this we had enjoyed lunch with her other Grandparents at an Italian restaurant. I have enjoyed meeting all her Grandparents. They are sweet, lovely and faithful believers in Christ.

We also went to see the Bobo family, although the older son and father weren't there we had a nice chat and some fun with Christi the mother and the other five kids!

We then went to an all you can eat place with Caitlin's parents and her Grandad which was the usual episode of me eating too much!

Now we're about to watch the last Harry Potter movie together :)

Tomorrow we are going to have lunch with Caitlin's Grandad, see a little girl from her Church and then head to Orlando to have one final meal before I leave to go back home. It is sure to be a sad goodbye but I will look forward to saying hello again lots!!!

This has been a super amazing week, far better than my wildest dreams. Me & Caitlin have had such a great time together and I have enjoyed every moment of being with her, as I always do! I feel a part of the family and have got to know and love all of the close relatives and friends that I have met. I want to thank them all for this kindness and thank the Lord for His usual party trick of doing more for me than I can imagine. 

We have such a great God! :)

Psalm 56:4In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?



No comments:

Post a Comment