Monday 21 March 2011

Seek and you shall find

We took some of the young people to Ignite last week and something came to me afterwards. At Ignite there are about 500 young people and leaders there and whilst some sit in the middle where they can listen and participate easily, a percentage will sit around the main part of the hall talking and not really listening...I mean some of them listen & participate and not everyone can sit in the main bit anyway.

What I noticed and have been noticing a lot recently is this...those who put themselves into the presence of God, experience Him.

Often those who complain that they don't see God work or that God is not in their lives or helping them with anything have never truly looked for Him.

The Bible says:-

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


Luke 11:9
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.



There are several ways I find useful in knowing God in my life...



  • Consistent and dedicated Bible reading - because faith comes from hearing the Word of God
  • Concentrated, faithful prayer - because God is always with us and when we still everything else, only He is left
  • Fixing my eyes upon Jesus - in all situations of the day, because He is there and wants to help us
  • Making the right choices - such as choosing to do something for Him or spend time with Him instead of doing worldly things
  • Worship - not just singing but living my life for Him...because God is in the praises of His people
If there is anything I have missed out, as I am far from perfect, please comment it in!

I encourage you all to really seek out God, and experience the fullness of life through Him. I guarantee He will not let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment