Thursday 24 February 2011

Happy Birthday Mum!


Today was my Mum's birthday, I won't say how old she is but if you look carefully at the above picture you might find out! (Sorry Mum!)

I just want to pay tribute to the No.1 woman in my life. I am genuinely so thankful that God gave me her as my mother. These are just some of the things I am thankful for:-


  • Her patience. For years I was a bit of an idiot and she put up with me, loved me and let me make my own choices without pressure, even when she knew I probably wasn't doing the right thing. I needed that to be able to learn from my own mistakes and I hardly rebelled from my parents as a result, even when I rebelled against God.
  • Her loveliness. She is typical for bringing surprises and selflessly giving to all four of her children.
  • Her Godliness. Sometimes I forget how much she has experienced in her life and how much spiritual wisdom she has. When I speak about something God-related she is never fazed and always has something really inspiring & true to say.
  • Her advice, as above. She always seems to know the right thing to do in a situation!
  • Her sense of humour, with us lot as a family she needs it!
  • Her friendliness, I find it hard to think of a nicer person.
Thank you Mum! Happy Birthday :D


3 comments:

  1. aww this is really nice Mike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love it! Your mum sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful.

    HOpe you all had a great time together.
    xx

    ReplyDelete