Tuesday 1 February 2011

A Special Time


This week is a special time in my life. On Sunday I took some of the young people to a marvellous event called Ignite. It's in Cardiff every so often and about 500 young Christians meet and worship together and hear a message.

On 5 February five years ago I committed my life to Christ at a Ignite event. It was really special to be there on sunday night and remember the amazing things God has done for me since I made that brave decision. It was also incredible to see two of the guys we brought go up and make commitments at the end and I treasure all of these things in my heart.

It is very brave to stand up and walk to the front in front of five hundred contemporaries to make such a big commitment. It's even harder to then live out this decision in front of your friends & family.

If this is something you struggle with then do something about it, don't just lull around because you will never make a decision either way. I think there are people reading this that want to make the same choice I did but feel restricted by what people might think or by the size of the decision it is. Please speak to me and please pray to God who can do so much more than what we ask for. He is always there for us and is always a great help.

Also, He knows our hearts already!

Psalm 139:1-4 (read the whole Psalm this morning, love it so much!)

You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways. 

 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely


If it's any help, it is the greatest decision I ever made (my story is here) and the moment I achieved the real goal in a human being's life. To meet their maker.

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.

I am on facebook (Michael Woodington), Twitter (mjw6150) or formspring (www.formspring.me/mjw6150) if you want to speak to me, formspring is anonymous as well ;)

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the reminder of that Psalm...I needed to hear it today :)

    Happy Birthday to you, too! Hopefully, I'll be able to wish you a happy birthday on the 5th, but if not know you are in my prayers and I so thankful to have you as a brother in Christ!!

    I loved skyping the other night...glad to be disappointed :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad God used this post to help someone and especially glad it was you :)

    Thank you so much :) I guess we'll both be thinking about each other then!!

    Me too, it was so great to have such a good skype date before you leave :)

    How are you doing this week? Everything ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    I'm doing great except for the packing! I think I'm bringing too much and I really want to scale down haha...so that's my project from the rest of the afternoon :)

    How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome :) I am sure you will be able to seperate the essential from the hopeful hehe.

    I am doing very well thanks :) Very tired tonight because it has been a busy time plus I stayed up late last night because my brother made a surprise visit for a night and my cousin joined us so the Three Amigos were back running for one night only haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I still have more bags than I had wished but after packing, unpacking, repacking, rearranging, and removing I still couldn't get it...so probably too much but I can't get it down anymore (and I'm leaving a considerable amount behind haha)

    Glad to hear you're doing so well :D Aww how much fun you all must have had...see tiredness is worth it when it's from a good cause :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fair enough :) If you actually cannot take anymore out then you might as well just run with it. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

    :D

    I've definately been reminded of that again and again the next few months :)

    PS - It's your last full day in America!!!! What are you planning with your family?? When are you leaving tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope so...I thought I was okay with it all...but then I had a nightmare last night about having too much luggage haha (however I'm not unpacking/repacking anymore haha)

    I KNOW!!!! I can't believe it...it actually doesn't feel real...but here's my day in short...

    Into town for some quick goodbyes at the church office and my mom's school...
    Lunch with my grandma and step-grandma...
    Dentist appointment...
    Dinner with my grandparents and family...
    Then finishing up last minute details...and then bed...

    Tomorrow we'll probably leave the house sometime in the morning...my flight leaves around 2 so I have to get there in time to all my bags checked but also to eat Chick-fil-a for lunch haha...but 2:10 out of Ft. Myers and then into Philadelphia at around 4:50ish/5ish and then head to Madrid at 6:30ish...and then I arrive 7:55 am Spain time :D

    So that's probably more information that you wanted and/or needed, but oh well :) Have a wonderful wonderful day my dear!! Grace and Peace :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!

    It was probably the enemy trying to get you to worry and to not enjoy your last day with the family :-)

    Sounds like a perfect day...family, farewells and the dentist! Haha :P

    Okay cool, I'll be thinking of you and praying for you :-) I love that you are so determined to get one last Chick-fil-a haha :P

    I loved every bit of it :-) You too!!

    Gracia y Paz :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola (Yo estoy practicando mi español ;)

    Yeah he's been trying to get me a lot lately especially through my mind with worry and stress...he's just a jerk like that...

    It was so so good...a great way to spend the day before I head off :) And my teeth are nice and clean haha

    Thank you so much!! I covet your prayers more than you'll ever know! And I beyond determined...I'm getting Chick-fil-a for lunch tomorrow haha

    Well, I'm glad sometimes I think I say too much or give too many details and it annoys people haha!

    Hope your Friday is Fabulous :D

    Gracia y Paz!

    ReplyDelete