Monday 7 February 2011

Leaving it to God

Life is very busy these days. This is a list of the main things I am doing or involved in....Genesis Youth Group, University Accounting Course, Trainee Accountant job at a firm in Pontypridd, AC Ponty football team in United Churches League, Pontypridd Christian Youth, Pontypridd Christian Young Adults, Ebenezer Church, Coffee Shop Bible Study. Crazy eh?

Recently I have felt improvements in my performance in some of my activities. Particularly in my work related activities. I have felt lucky in some of the decisions I have made by I am feeling more and more that it is the blessing of God. It reminds me of Joseph and how God was in everything He did and blessed it.

Yesterday I chaired the evening service, which is basically being the Dermot O'Leary of the Church service and presenting everything!

I always get a little nervous beforehand but, in the prayer session beforehand with the elders and speaker, I felt God convicting of bad motives. I was nervous because I didn't want to look bad by getting stuff wrong, which is contrary to what the real aim should be...Glorifying God and doing His Will. I felt God telling me that if I let everything go to Him, I would lose the nervousness because it wouldn't be about me and would be all about Him. Funnily enough, the service went great :-)

Maybe it proves the verse in Proverbs 16:3 true....

Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
   and your plans will succeed.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that the service went well and things are going so well at the moment.

    Don't forget to look after yourself though! You sound so busy! Even Jesus took time to rest.
    xx

    ReplyDelete